The design of the Solar & Green Infrastructure Facility has been an interactive process which has included consultation with the following groups:
- Attendance at three Parish Council meetings between October 2021 and February 2022.
- A residents’ walk through the lanes in December 2021.
- A site meeting with the Chairmen and Clerks of the two host Parish Councils in January 2022.
- Devon County Council Corporate Assets team on the 3rd June 2021.
- A project briefing to the Leader of Devon County Council mid June 2021.
- A pre-application advice meeting between the applicant, Enzygo Ltd (agent), Devon Wildlife Trust (Ecology Consultant) and EDDC Planning and Landscape Officers on 28th January 2022 and subsequently on 8th March 2022.
- Consultation with the Devon HER and Senior Historic Environment Officer.
- A meeting with the Devon County Senior Historic Environment Officer was held (remotely) on 21st September 2021.
- A presentation to the Devon County Farms Committee on the 27th September 2021.
- The Devon County Senior Historic Environment Officer attended a site meeting on 6th October 2021.
- Discussions with the Devon County Senior Historic Environment Officer during March 2022 concerning the outcomes of the Geo-Physical surveys.
- Consultation with County Highways in November 2021 and February 2022.
- Further technical discussions with the County Landscape Officer in March 2022.
- Consultation with Simon Bates, Green Infrastructure Project Manager on 2nd February 2022 and 28th March 2022 regarding wildlife, mitigation and net gain.
These discussions have resulted in a number of fields being added to the scheme and with some being removed or utilised for different purposes such as additional ecological enhancements.
The full planning application for Ford Oaks Solar and Green Infrastructure Facility has been submitted to East Devon District Council in May 2022.
If you would like to show your support for more renewable energy and green infrastructure and biodiversity improvements in East Devon, please visit East Devon District Council and write a short letter in support of our plans.
We are committed to ensuring that the local community in the surrounding area are informed and fully understand the plans for the project.
This website and associated consultation events give you the opportunity to view the proposals and submit any questions you may have by completing the online form below.
Alternatively, you can ask questions through our project email address.