Seven months of public consultation has allowed the design of the scheme to respond to the concerns and comments received from interested parties and residents; with the aim of protecting and conserving local interests and residential amenities.
- Escorted convoys from an off-site reception compound are proposed to maximise road traffic safety.
- The construction period will consequently take c.7-8 months (1 month for mobilisation, 5 to 6 months for construction and 1 month to commission and demobilise).
- The proposed construction traffic routes to and from the site has been agreed with Devon County Council Highways and have been discussed with the Parish Councils.
- See Downloads page for traffic routing map and supporting Transport Statement for associated detail.
- The operational life of the proposed development will be 40 years.
- There will be a limited number of vehicles to and from the site during this time. These will be associated with the maintenance of the equipment and management of the landscape and ecological measures.
- The proposed development will neither generate significant noise nor emissions.
- The proposed development has been designed to eliminate any glint or glare from the modules impacting on residents (with orientation changed in two fields), road users or the air traffic control tower at Exeter Airport.
- The facility will include natural drainage measures which will improve on the existing situation and reduce flows both leaving the fields onto local lanes and flowing lower down the catchment.